Announcements

November 24, 2007
Reading for November 27th, are now posted. Enjoy!

October 2, 2007
To upload your thoughtless acts, create a new assignment page like any other lab. You'll see "Thoughtless Acts" listed as one of the assignment options.

May 24, 2008
This site has been archived and is no longer editable. Stay tuned for the next version, coming in the fall!

Crab Robot

Project Members: 
Lora Oehlberg

Intro

To practice building linkages and working with servos to control motion, I built a crab robot.  Although it was meant to be a crawler, I was unable to successfully actuate the foamcore linkage to make the crab crawl across the ground.  

Components Used

• Black Foamcore
  • 1/8" diameter wood dowel
  • Hot Glue Gun + Hot Glue
  • Servo

I was not able to successfully hook up my crawler to the servo motor and actuate it through the Arduino, hence the lack of Arduino in "Components Used"

Images

Crab Cralwer 1: Top View of Crab Crawler.  The hole in the base is to mount the servo.Crab Cralwer Top View. The hole in the base is to mount the servo.

Crab Crawler: Rear View: Rear View of Crab Cralwer.  The "H"-shaped piece synchronises the motion of the two arms.Crab Crawler: Rear View. The "H"-shaped piece synchronises the motion of the two arms.

Crab Crawler Detail: The four-bar linkage has joints made out of dowels that are hot-glued into one of the members at each joint.Crab Crawler Detail: The four-bar linkage has joints made out of dowels that are hot-glued into one of the members at each joint.

Powered by Drupal - Design by Artinet