Thoughtless Acts

Assignment: Thoughtless Acts

Collaborators:

My picture is terrible, so you can't really see the umbrellas in the back. However, whenever it rains, the hallway in front of the lounge suddenly blooms with open umbrellas set out to dry. I'm not sure how it started, but possibly one person did it and then everyone else followed suit.

Design solution: Have a rack for umbrellas, or possibly something where you can slot your umbrella handle and leave it open for people who like looking at all the open umbrellas (I do).

I realized during this assignment that I've started putting my pet rats' food bowl on top of their igloo, as it perfectly fits between all the raised bumps on top. It keeps them from filling the bowl with litter like the bowl below, and it keeps them from flipping it over.

Design solution: Build something in the cage that specifically houses the food bowl up from the floor and attaches it securely so the rats can't flip it over.

I have a foot massager that fits right under my roommate's Ikea chair. It's not a perfect fit--you have to tilt the massager back a little for the right angle.

Design solution: Get a full massage chair! Or, barring that, design a chair to specifically suit the foot massager's height and angle?