User login

Powered by Drupal, an open source content management system

Theory and Practice of Tangible User Interfaces

Thoughtless Acts

Submitted by bobacita on Mon, 10/20/2008 - 16:29

Assignment: Thoughtless Acts

Collaborators:

I tie my hair back when I go running and use bobbie pins to keep stray hairs away from my face.  Slipping the bobbie pins over the scrunchie keeps everything together so that I don't lose the bobbie pins in the depths of my purse or gym bag.

The coat rack has enough capacity to hold my bags, purses, and belts instead.

I hang my helmet on the handlebars of my bicycle and keep my sunglasses and gloves inside the helmet so that everything I need is together in one place.

When I bike to school, I tie my jacket to the loops in my backpack because it's too hot to wear the jacket uphill on the way to school, but coming back it's usually chilly.  Before I got a bike lock rack, I would also loop my U lock through the other side and occasionally wear the cable as a necklace.

I spotted this half eaten meal on Bancroft.  Leftovers, anyone?

Several of the trees in front of the Tang Center are repurposed as bike racks since they have very few bike racks.

When I'm not wearing my cycling sunglasses, the loop in my Camelbak is a handy place to store them.  An improved helmet would include a secure spot to set sunglasses when they're not in use.

I spotted this high capacity broom and pan kit in front of the Civic Center BART station in SF.  Someone had attached a plastic bag to the metal bin and was also using the bin as a resting spot for the broom.

A good heavy rock is useful on blustery fall days.