Announcements

November 24, 2007
Reading for November 27th, are now posted. Enjoy!

October 2, 2007
To upload your thoughtless acts, create a new assignment page like any other lab. You'll see "Thoughtless Acts" listed as one of the assignment options.

May 24, 2008
This site has been archived and is no longer editable. Stay tuned for the next version, coming in the fall!

Revision of Soccer, Statues, and Beer can chicken, ohmy from Sun, 10/21/2007 - 17:20

Assignment: 
Project Members: 
Jess Kline

Soccer BallSoccer balls are generally used for kicking, however they also have an unintended use as a place to sit when the ground is muddy. I took this picture last weekend at my nephew's soccer game. It had rained a lot the week before and the ground was very muddy. I wanted to have my nephew replicate the picture for me, but interestingly enough he refused saying they normally get in trouble for sitting on the soccer balls. I guess it was so muddy that the boy in the picture was okay with getting in trouble.Waiting for the Interurban StatueThis statue "Waiting for the Interurban" is located in the center of Seattle's Fremont neighborhood. While it was orginally intended as a statue, it's more common use is a place to decorate and display happy birthday, congratulations, and political messages. While the picture doesn't the sign that probably accompanied the decoration (such as "Happy Birthday Joe!") it does include my sister!Beer Can ChickenBeer cans are typically intended for direct consumption, not as a flavoring tool in a barbeque. This picture is of my boyfriend's brother, Dave, cooking beer can chicken. (In essence, a form of smoked chicken that is balanced upon and flavored with a can of beer). Seen here is a Mountain Dew can. It wasn't flavored with Mountain Dew; Dave used this empty can to house his favorite microbrew.

Powered by Drupal - Design by Artinet