Capture Heart

Posted by Annie

Annie's picture

I propose to design a heart shaped camera that takes heart shaped photos.

A fits-in-your-palm, and small enough to put in your pocket, <3-cam, with no LCD screen, and an internal memory.

The design should be minimal.   A small hand-held heart with the ability to capture images, such as the colors and textures from any materials, like denim, hair, or pavement.  Essentially, since this would be a camera it could capture any image.  I envision the capturing of a printed word, a book, a shoe, or flower, or any other image that you LOVE.

As a side effect, all images captured will be in the shape of a heart, <3!

The images that are captured would be stored on an internal memory inside the device and could then be transferred onto a computer. 

Heart-shaped images would find their way onto people’s blogs on design, food, etc.  Imagine the how this could be used on facebook as a way to share an image that implicitly expresses, “I love you” simply by its shape.

The simple camera is so easy to carry around that one would not want to leave home without their heart. 

I imagine in order to capture an image, there would be buttons on both sides of the heart so that when held in your hand, it would require you to perform a sort of squeezing action to shoot a still.

My idea was very much inspired by Kimiko’s I/O Brush.

I look forward to any feedback.

<3 , Annie

Capture Heart (1st Sketch)
almonds-heart-shaped.jpg
0
Your rating: None
Tags: