School of Information Management & Systems.
245 Organization of Information in Collections.
Assignment 14: lii.org. Due May 1.
Karen Schneider will be coming to class to talk about the Librarians
Index to the Internet - lii.org. Do the following prior to her
1. Go to lii.org, the Librarians Index to the
2. Click on
About the LII and browse.
3. Return the the lii home-page and try search on "metadata".
4. Suppose you wanted to know more about making indexes.
A search for "Indexing" yields >450 hits, but none of them
seem to be about making an index. Can you explain?
5. Search for something of personal interest.
6. Return to the lii home-page and contemplate the hierarchical
Where in this system would you place the website for this class?