Electronic Publishing

Dale Dougherty

Bio

I am publisher of O'Reilly Network, a technical information service for developers and affilated with O'Reilly & Associates. O'Reilly Network also produces XML.com and Perl.com. I write the Redirect column for Web Techniques

Previously, I was the publisher of Web Review, an online magazine for Web developers; Editorial Director for Web Techniques print magazine. I’ve also been a member of the Advisory Board of the World Wide Web Consortium.

I have been a writer and editor, building the technical publishing program at O’Reilly & Associates.In the late ‘80’s, I began getting involved in various aspects of electronic publishing at O’Reilly, in particular looking at how to deliver technical manuals via CD-ROM.

In 1991, I began to be involved with the Web, eventually developing what would become the first commercial publishing venture on the Web, the Global Network Navigator (GNN), which was sold to America Online in 1995. Since then, I have run an online publishing company that focuses on technical publishing.

My Contact Info

Address:

O'Reilly Network
101 Morris Street
Sebastopol, CA 95472

Email: dale@oreilly.com

Phone:

707-829-6510 (wk)

707-829-3761 (hm)