Features that I'd like a search UI to have

A feature that I'd really like in a search engine (or wikipedia or even the bowser itself) would be to be able to see a visual representation of the path i traced - i.e. the queries that i gave and the links that i clicked on.

It often happens to me that I click on several links to open and when I am reading them, I wonder, how did I reach here? What hyperlink or search query brought me here/ what was the context? IE 8 helped towards that, to a limited extent, by assigning different colors to tabs that originated from hyperlinks from the same original page and also placing them adjacently. It definitely helped me a lot.

I wonder if there are others who feel similarly?

Also, a feature that I thought would be very useful was one that was in Microsoft's experimental search engine called Tafiti (which no longer exists) - It allowed one to perform searches and save the results(and also name them, i think) on a bar on the right hand side of the page. I thought it could be a useful feature to have when researching about something - the visibilty of searches neatly stacked, could help ease the cognitive overload and help more efficient work.